Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chicken Noodle Stir Fry - Recipe

You may notice that I often cook with my cast iron skillet.  I think it is a good idea to ditch the teflon covered cooking pans.  I won't use this post to preach against teflon non-stick cooking pans here, but please research it and make the decision yourself.  If you do ditch the teflon, I recommend getting a good iron skillet.  I love mine.

Moving right along.  This is a recipe that I made up on the fly.  It doesn't get much better than the combination of peas and carrots, and chicken and noodles.  This recipe doesn't take culinary genius, none of my recipes do, because I am just the typical busy mom.  I need quick, easy, and nutritious.  I simply want to show you how I do it.  I don't pretend to know a lot about anything, but I do know basics.  This is very basic, and often times, basic is what is needed for success in eating nutritious meals.

Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 Chicken breasts sliced in strips against the grain
3 carrots sliced thin at a slant
1 - 2 handfuls of snap peas
1 small onion sliced and halved
2 - 3 cloves of garlic
(optional: 1 Bell pepper sliced)
1/2 box of whole wheat fettucini
1 - 2 Tbsp olive oil (or your favorite stir fry oil)

DIRECTIONS:
Put a pot of salted water on to boil.  While the water is heating, prep your vegetables.  Lightly salt them and pepper them and set them aside.  Heat your skillet with a tbsp of olive oil (or your favorite stir fry oil like sesame seed oil) Slice your chicken, salt and pepper to taste and place in the hot skillet.  Cook for a bout 4 - 5 minutes turning to cook evenly.  Immediately after your chicken is in the skillet to cook, put the noodles into the boiling water. Give them a stir.  Check on your chicken.  Once it appears to be cooked through, add in your vegetables.  Stir them around and add a bit more oil if needed.  Cook until the onions are softened by not translucent.  You want the vegetables to be more on the crisp side than tender, or else your are destroying the nutritional value in them.  Your noodles should be done at the same time as your stir fry mix.  Drain them, and you can go about this last part in one of two ways.  You can either add the noodles to the skillet and stir them around a bit with the other stuff... or you can plate the noodles and add the stir fry mix on top.  Either way you choose to do it... enjoy.  This is one of my favorite meals.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks great and sounds wonderful! I love the ingredients for the recipe especially the design! I think my family would love to eat this one. Thank you for sharing!

    Recipe for Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!