Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day of 1st and 4th Grade

Today was the first day of school for my kiddos.  Lindsey is in 4th grade, and Brendan is in 1st.  "Time freaking flies" doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about this.
She just keeps getting prettier and prettier... and oh yeah, she is only 2 inches shorter than me!  No fair.
He's so cute!

And for comparison's sake... This was last year.
Dear Lindsey and Brendan,

     I hope you have such a fantastic school year.  I will miss having your giggles and your activity around the house during the day.  I won't miss the mess you make, though :).  This year, Brendan, I hope you learn to love school, and that you find it easy to behave as well.  I hope you love your teacher as much as Lindsey loved her, and that you make a lot of really kind friends that will appreciate your silly nature and your desire to have the best fun possible.  This year, Lindsey, I hope you continue to love school the way you do.  I hope that you will make some great girl friends... or guy friends... that can appreciate your obsession with My Little Pony and Minecraft.  I hope that you will still enjoy your school year even though your BFF Emily isn't in your class.  I know you two don't understand how much I love you, and while that is unfortunate that it works that way, it's just how it is... but I love you big time.  I love you as big as this whole entire universe.  You are growing up and that makes me so happy and sad at the same time.  Shoot for the stars and do your best!  I'm so proud of you both.

Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. They are growing up so fast! It is amazing how much has changed in the year. Your kidlets are adorable!

    Lily-thinking thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian! Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine how you feel looking at your beautiful married 25(?) year old! I think we humans tend to block out just how short the time we have is.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!